Welcome

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  suepimlott 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Geoff James
    Keymaster

Welcome to your community area, the place to share your experiences and successes with other people in Lincolnshire who are working as Solutions Focused coaches in schools. You can write your story here, copy and paste it from your journal if that works better for you.You can ask questions and make suggestions -it’s up to you.

best wishes,

Geoff James

paul fragle
    Participant

I really good two days which has given me food for thought in how we can implement solution focused coaching into our school an our inclusion services.

BevHardy
    Participant

Brilliant 2 days in Bourne last week. Have my first PSP meeting tomorrow, then looking forward to starting SFC with a wonderful child and making strides towards a positive outcome for him.

suepimlott
    Participant

There’s only 2 days until the end of term, so I was planning to start the SF work in earnest in September. However, opportunities keep presenting themselves. So although I havent set up any meetings with parents, I have used the approach with a couple of children. One child had been sent to me as he had been walking around the classroom hitting other children. When he came to me he was crying. However, I stayed away from asking what was wrong/ what he had done. Instead I asked him what had gone well for him over the last few weeks. He came up with a few ideas, and we talked around what he had said. I sent him out at playtime and then he went back to class. I asked him if he could look out for some things that went well at playtime and in the classroom. I said I would come and see him at lunchtime and find out what he had spotted. He was very excited! I went to see him at lunch and he couldnt wait to tell me 2 things that had gone well. I then said “I wonder if you can spot some things over the next couple of days too”. He was walking towards me in the corridor at the end of lunchtime and he ran up to me saying “I spotted something else at lunchtime!” He was so excited about it! So even though we havent done the process per se (as it is the wrong time to start really) the approach has already had a really positive effect.

mary meredith
    Participant

Really interesting to read these posts. I don’t have any pupils to work with now so it’s great to hear from colleagues determined to make a difference on the front line. Lovely story Sue – and hope the PSP meeting went well Bev!

mary meredith
    Participant

Really interesting to read these posts. I don’t have any pupils to work with now so it’s great to hear from colleagues determined to make a difference on the front line. Lovely story Sue – and hope the PSP meeting went well Bev!

suepimlott
    Participant

I had several other really positive responses to the approach from children – children who, up to now, have been very down and even volatile. This approach really turned their mindset around and it was heart-warming to see them enjoy their last day of term, rather than get into bother. I also have 2 meetings with parents set up for september. I think the hardest people to convince will be staff, as they are so used to focusing on the problem and dealing out consequences. I have a short slot on inset day to talk abut this, so we shall see how that goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.